At CPR24 Restoration Company we give the public all the mold removal information that is at our disposal. One detail that is very important, and many companies would keep it a secret is that if you already see visible mold, it is unnecessary to ask for mold testing while you simply need to remove it following standard guidelines.
In this situation, if a so-called mold removal specialist insists on doing pre-testing when mold is already visible, we suggest you be aware and not waste hundreds of dollars on something unnecessary.
However, even without visual confirmation about mold, people may still be suspicious. And if you are uncertain, we’ll show you a list of situations we see most often that requires mold testing.
Situations that warrant testing for mold
Mold can vary in different colors: green, yellow, black, white, gray, etc, and it might look slimy, furry, or powdery. Usually, mold can be seen or smelled. In other situations, you should focus on the effects of mold exposure.
- Experiencing allergic symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, runny nose, headache, skin rash, difficulty breathing.
- The smell is in the air, but don’t see any obvious mold.
- Uncertainty if you see mold or not.
What should you expect when hiring a mold removal specialist?
A true mold specialist should be able to explain your full mold removal project. He should be clear and concise. If he attempts to use a complex vocabulary and tries to complicate and confuse you about the process you have to be wary. Here is what you should expect from a mold removal specialist once you hire them:
- Mold removal specialists that you hire should wear proper safety gear. This includes high-quality equipment such as high filtration face mask, gloves, and of course a protective suit.
- To avoid the spread of mold spores throughout the home, mold specialists need to seal off the work area.
- Devices that mold professionals use such as HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and more, are expensive which means that a regular average handyman does not have them.
- The next step after removing the mold source is cleaning the air of mold spores using HEPA air scrubbers and air exchange.
- Antimicrobial chemicals must be used to clean any remaining mold and mold stains.
What a mold remediation professional will do?
How deep has the mold gone? The level of infestation will directly affect your mold removal cost and time. Most companies will clean up your mold in a few days if it is a simple procedure that involves just some washing and removing carpet. Otherwise, if demolition and rebuilding is required, the mold remediation timeline can go for weeks.
Containment and Ventilation
The most important step is setting up containment and ventilation. Must be used proper ventilation and air filtration devices to ensure that mold spores will not spread to an uninfected area.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Cleaning and disinfecting walls, carpet, and personal items is the next step. In this stage specialists apply biocide/fungicide/moldicide solutions.
- Removing Drywall if Mold Damage is Large-Scale
The next step is fixing the mold source. Usually the remediation company takes the repair by itself, but for more involved repairs, they may hire a subcontractor.
- Vacuuming with HEPA Filtration
HEPA (High‐Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuums contain filters that are capable of trapping micro-sized particles.
CPR24 Restoration is a full-service mold remediation company. What it means is that we offer the full scale of solutions needed for complete removal and prevention of mold. From identifying the cause of mold to fixing any design flaws or tubing associated with it to repairing or replacing the affected areas, and the prevention of further mold by removal and sealing to rigorous testing to detect any traces of new mold, we strive to be a leader in the mold solutions industry.
By following our team tips, you easily will remove mold in areas such as bathroom walls and floors, however, if you have a significant mold issue, please call CPR24 Restoration here.