Are you dealing with a plumbing emergency? Does your property has frozen pipe bursts? Did your pipes, drain or sink clog? Or it even results in a flood or water damage? CPR24 Restoration can help, our emergency plumber and water damage restoration crew are standing by 24/7 to be dispatched to your location. We service in Toronto and the GTA.
Our team guarantees to assess and fix your property burst pipes, frozen pipes, clogged plumbing, drains, and sinks. We can also minimize the damage caused by the flood by remediating the water damage.
Due to the cold Canadian weather frozen pipes, it leads to a burst pipe. However, backup is common. Our emergency plumbers are on call 24/7, available and will respond quickly to your frozen and burst pipe emergency.
Burst pipes in your plumbing system are one of the most common problems when it comes to plumbing. There are a few reasons that can lead to burst pipes:
Due to unprotected pipes and extremely low temperatures, it can lead to freezing pipes. Additionally a frozen pipe bursts due to the expansion of water.
Another reason that can lead to burst pipes is a blocked drain. While the water pressure builds in your plumbing system from your clogged drain, it contains a risk to burst for any pipe that has deterioration or a defect. If you have a clogged drain, sink, toilet or bathtub call CPR24 Restoration immediately. Our emergency plumbing team services in Toronto and the GTA.
It is important to perform a leak detection scan after the plumbing damage has been dealt with.
In this way, we make sure that there are not any additional water leaks. Our infrared camera will help us find water leaks quickly.
Frozen Pipe Bursts
Frozen pipes are another common problem when it comes to your plumbing system. It is caused by dropping cold temperatures and mostly affect pipes that have not been insulated. Due to the water pressure that builds up, frozen pipes can lead to burst pipes. In order to avoid additional damage to your plumbing system, frozen pipes need to be quickly dealt with. CPR24 Restoration can quickly assist you with your frozen pipes issue, serving in Toronto and the GTA.
Here are some ways to avoid frozen pipes during the winter!
Why Do Pipes Burst?
What causes pipes to burst? There is a large number of potential reasons and problems why pipes inside a home can break open, causing major flooding and damage problems. But here are some main causes of burst pipes:
- Frozen Water in the Pipes
- Aged Pipework
- Pressure from External Forces
- Excessive Water Pressure
- Ground Movements
- Incorrect Pipework and Pipe Layering
- Improper Connections
What to Do When a Pipe Bursts?
First things first: if you are experiencing frozen pipe bursts in Toronto or the GTA, call CPR24 Restorations. Our plumber team will be shortly at your property to help you with the problem and reduce any further damage. However, in the meantime here are a few steps that you should follow to reduce water damage and prevent future leaks:
- Turn off your water main. Switch off completely your water supply. If you think the leak may have reached any electrical sockets or fuse box take precautions and turn off the electricity too.
- Drain the faucets – cold taps first. Open your faucets to drain the remaining water from the system as soon as the water supply has been turned off. This can also reduce the chance of leftover water to freeze inside the pipe.
- Turn off heat and drain your hot taps. Now shut off your heating system and water boiler. Also, release all the water from your hot taps.
- Let the warm air in. Let some warm air in if your pipe burst or froze from the cold weather. After draining the remaining water from your taps, you can turn the heat back on and hike up the thermostat. Or you can also train a hairdryer on the pipe. At last, open up the cabinet doors where they live to let the warm air circulate.
- Clean up the mess. Start mopping up excess water to prevent mould and mildew.
- Start documenting. Now that you somehow have contained the emergency, start taking photos, and document any damage. You’ll want as much evidence as possible when you contact your insurance company.
CPR24 Restoration is a full-service restoration company in Toronto. What it means is that we offer the full scale of solutions for any situations like water damage, fire damage, flood, mould. If you have an emergency contact at (416) 551-8287 and we will dispatch an emergency crew immediately. For a Free Quote contact at [email protected]