Natural disasters have become a real concern to society. You can avoid them, minimize the damage but never stop them. It is important that whenever a natural disaster strikes you keep calm because a wrong movement can risk your life and your family. If you have been warned that a storm might be, coming do not hesitate to remove your most precious belongings and leave the area until it is safe, this is the only way that you can avoid a disaster. CPR24RESTORATION is here to provide you with some water and flood restoration tips & steps.
Acting fast in a water damage case is important. A perfect environment will be created if water stands too much, it can lead to allergic reactions and even disease. Some materials like drywall and carpet are unreplaceable because after they absorb water they develop bacteria and mould that cannot be removed. So, take a fast but also a safe step.
It may not be safe to enter the building after the water damage because it can weaken the structural integrity of the building. Make sure that the electricity in the building has been shut off. If the area has been underwater for more than 24 hours, it is best for you to avoid the area and wait until professionals arrive. Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common causes of injury because the floor is slippery.
Water and flood restoration process.
The water restoration has its own process that divides a water-damaged home into classes and categories. These steps and categories are also part of the first step.
Step 1: Inspection – Each inspection determines a class and category of water damage. Finding the class and category of water damage can help define the best way to restore your property.
Water damage classes.
- First-Class or the least level of damage involves part of the room that has absorbed little moisture.
- Second-Class damage involves an entire affected room and has absorbed into carpeting and walls.
- Third-Class is also considered as the worst class of damage, the damage has absorbed up into the walls.
- Fourth-Class damage requires professional drying due to damage done to materials.
Water damage is divided into three categories.
- Category 1 involves all the damages that are created by a clean water source such as broken pipes supplying clean water. It can develop into two other categories if it sits too long.
- Category 2 involves all the damaged that are created by washing machine or dishwasher water containing detergents, they are also called “grey water”.
- Category 3 or the most dangerous one is caused by unsanitary water (river flooding, standing water that has begun growing bacteria and other microbes, sewage) that can easily cause disease, illness, or death.
Step 2: Water removal from your home with pumps and vacuum. The water removal begins with the right equipment as soon as possible to prevent mould and bacteria growth.
Step 3: Drying and de-humidification begin as soon as water and absorbent surfaces are vacuumed. This process helps to clear up any remaining moisture after water removal.
Step 4: Cleaning all personal belongings and sanitized to prevent unwanted mould and bacterial growth. Clothing, carpeting, and drapery are given antimicrobial treatments.
Step 5: Water and flood restoration is the biggest step in the process. It involves replacing materials like drywall and insulation. Some cases require replacing entire walls, while other cases may require only installing a few panels of drywall.
For lowering the percentage of the chance that your house will be water damaged, it requires regular inspection and maintenance where the damage is most likely to occur. Check the main source of water damage that is most likely to happen in basements, kitchens, bathrooms, and attics. Ensure that your house doesn’t have any leaking source to prevent worse water damages.
CPR24 Restoration is a full-service mould remediation company. What it means is that we offer the full scale of solutions needed for complete removal and prevention of mould. From identifying the cause of mould to fixing any design flaws or tubing associated with it to repairing or replacing the affected areas, and the prevention of further mould by removal and sealing to rigorous testing to detect any traces of new mould, we strive to be a leader in the mould solutions industry.
By following our team tips, you easily will remove mould in areas such as bathroom walls and floors, however, if you have a significant mould issue, please call CPR24 Restoration.