Mould is the entity having multicellular fungal filaments. Mould is also a toxic organism causing damage to several materials and contamination of food. It results in loss of property and health hazards. We know that the mould grows in moist and humid places. Wherever the bit of moisture found, the mould and mildew will take less than 48 hours to thrive and spread. The spread of mould is much quicker as its spores are light and spread with the flow of air. It can contaminate each and everything in your home, such as clothes, furniture, carpets, rugs, and any other item. We all are aware of the harmful health hazards of mould at our homes or offices. There are too many diseases and respiratory disorders associated with mould. Therefore, it is essential to use mould removal methods in effectively and also further adapt to things to avoid later mould growth.
Mould removal methods used by professionals
Here we will discuss some of the modern techniques used by experts and professional restoration services to remove mould and mildew effectively.
1. Abrasive blasting
Abrasive blasting involves the use of high-pressure air blasting to remove and clean the course and abrasive surface damaged from the mould. It is considered an eco-friendly technique as there are no chemicals involved and no secondary production of toxic chemicals occurred. The dry ice blasting and soda blasting are the effective types of abrasive blasting.
2. HEPA Vacuuming
HEPA vacuuming is the technique used by professionals for the complete mould removal methods and fungus and is often used after the abrasive blasting with the deodorization process. With the abrasive blasting treatment, the spores of the mould removed from hidden spaces become airborne and spread throughout the surfaces. HEPA vacuuming is used to remove that airborne fungus and mould spores if it remains unattended can lead to serious threats. Commercial professionals utilize HEPA filters in the deodorization process to remove invisible moulds and unpleasant odours from surfaces and air.
The wood retains most of the moisture and humidity in the air. It creates a perfect environment for the survival and growth of moulds. Wood surfaces if not cleaned properly, can lead to excessive mould growth. The abrasive blasting cannot be used in case of wood as the process can be too harsh especially when dry rot has developed on wood. In such situations, the experts remove mould by the sanding process.
4. Mould damage cleaning
The mould damage cleaning is carried out by professionals to clan any particular area of the building contaminated with moulds and mildews. The expert team cleans up the whole building to get rid of all the spores in the surrounding air. Sanding is followed by encapsulation and application of sealant to prevent the growth of mould again. Sanding accompanies with a lot of mould spores in the surrounding air, hence requiring vacuum pumping to eliminate all the airborne mould spores and dry rot.
How to prevent mould?
The mould growth can be prevented by following simple tips to stay safe from harmful and destructive consequences. There are many things you can do for such a purpose.
- Keep all the furniture and anything made up of wood, completely dry and keep a check on all the stored items that they are placed and stored appropriately.
- Use mould-resistant paints and drywall material especially in places where the water presence is obvious such as kitchen and bathroom.
- Prevent the entry of water damage to home through external sources by waterproofing the home. Fix any crack or fissure in the roof and drains in the foundation.
- Allow complete drying of framing as the mould can start growing on wet surfaces.
- Take benefits from new methods and technologies given by the government to stay up to date about mould removal.
- Proper ventilation of home to allow fresh airflow to reduce humidity, moisture content, and odour. Windows should be opened for ventilation if there is no window at home fans can be used to prevent mould growth on hidden spaces such as behind the walls.
- Must address the cracks and fissures in the foundation to eliminate moulds and fungus and prevention of later growth. Even small cracks that we may ignore can be the best home for mould and mildews to grow.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning system must be kept free of moulds by regular and proper cleaning. Most of the growth of mould is in hidden places such as air ducts and pipes of the HVAC system. Proper and regular inspection, maintenance and deodorization must be done to stop mould growth.
CPR24 Restoration is a full-service mould remediation company. What it means is that we offer the full scale of solutions needed for complete removal and prevention of mould. From identifying the cause of mould to fixing any design flaws or tubing associated with it to repairing or replacing the affected areas, and the prevention of further mould by removal and sealing to rigorous testing to detect any traces of new mould, we strive to be a leader in the mould solutions industry.
By following our team tips, you easily will remove mould in areas such as bathroom walls and floors, however, if you have a significant mould issue, please call CPR24 Restoration.