The Do’s and Don’ts for Fire and Smoke Damage
Fire damage is always considered a nightmare. It is such a devastating and overwhelming situation and experience whether it’s a commercial or residential property damaged. The first, that comes to mind is getting cleaning supplies to fix the mess but we suggest you let that into professionals’ hands. So much work to get back to normal.
When you see yourself surrounded by flame-damaged and soot-covered possessions, the only thing you see is the disaster. But, as long as everybody gets out safe and no one is hurt, stuff can get fixed.
Here are some tips on what to DO and to NOT do after fire damage.
- Make yours and the people’s safety around you a priority. Even if you think the fire is gone don’t enter the property without the professional’s permission.
- Limit any movement so smoke or soot particles don’t spread around.
- Ventilate the space by opening the windows.
- Turn off all the utilities like water, electricity or gas. They might cause even more damage if fire damage occurs.
- Take notes and pictures of anything damaged so you can prove to your insurance company and they can compensate for the cost of the damage.
- Call the insurance company agent and file your claim as soon as possible.
- Call the emergency restoration service company and let the professionals handle the situation.
- Try saving as many documents and receipts that you had laying around the house as possible.
- Don’t enter the house without permission. Fires can restart or the house structure can be damaged.
- Avoid use utilities before they are considered safe to use by the professionals to prevent any other emergency.
- Don’t start cleaning before the insurance company shows up.
- Don’t consume the food that was exposed to the fire and soot.
Why CPR24 Restoration is the best choice
CPR24 Restoration provides disaster response, restoration solutions, and services for residential and commercial properties. We are an insured and certified restoration company that is qualified to work in GTA Toronto. Also, we are more than ready to fulfill your needs with excellence. CPR24 Restoration will appoint a restoration surveyor to advise you on what is required and provide you with an estimate for the work. If you were to instruct CPR24 Restoration as your chosen contractor we will first deploy a fire restoration team to decontaminate all the areas. In this way, we ensure that all contamination is removed. However, some items might be transported to our specialty decontamination unit for special restoration work. Don’t deal with fire damage alone. Choose a company with years of hands-on experience that can tender to every detail. Call our 24/7 support team at +1 416-551-8287 or send us an e-mail at [email protected]