Show Services

Water Damage

Mould Remediation

Fire Damage

Clean Up

Commercial Restoration

Can I remove asbestos by myself?

Frequently Asked Questions

    Request a Quote

    Asbestos is a fibrous, naturally occurring substance that was once used to weave fabrics or mix into cement for electrical and structural insulation. You must know what to do if you come across it because it is extremely deadly and life-threatening if disturbed.

    Never handle or attempt to remove asbestos by yourself. Asbestos becomes harmful once it has been disturbed, as this causes the fibers to be released, which then may be inhaled. If you come across something that looks like asbestos, don’t touch it. Instead, keep it isolated and seek professional help. If it’s asbestos, it should only be handled and removed by professionals who have been specially trained to do so.

    You and those around you would be at serious risk if you attempted to remove asbestos yourself. Those who are in close vicinity to disturbed asbestos might breathe in the particles and develop diseases such as mesothelioma, asbestosis, asbestos-related lung cancer, and pleural thickening.

    This usually happens over a long period of time, due to extended exposure. However, as asbestos is hard to identify (with fibers about 10 times smaller than the width of a human hair), it is very likely that they will remain in your home if you attempt to remove these particles manually. This means that you and others could be breathing asbestos over time and at risk of becoming seriously ill.

    If you want to learn more about identifying asbestos or if you are undertaking work where you may come into contact with asbestos. You can find out more about our Asbestos Removal Services. Remember that if you’ve detected (or suspect you’ve detected) asbestos, you should never attempt to remove it yourself and should instead seek professional help.

    If you need Asbestos Removal Professionals call now at (416) 551-8287