Show Services

Water Damage

Mould Remediation

Fire Damage

Clean Up

Commercial Restoration

What effect does mold have on our health?

Frequently Asked Questions

    Request a Quote

    Harmful compounds in the home can have a significant impact on our health. After all, we spend an average of 16 hours a day at home – and even more whether we’re under the age of seven or over the age of 64.

    Mould thrives in wet, poorly ventilated environments. Mold spores or pieces can irritate the airways, causing nasal congestion, wheezing, chest tightness, coughing, and throat irritation.

    Long-term exposure to excessive levels of indoor moisture can deteriorate lung function and lead to chronic illnesses like asthma. Those with asthma or allergies are more likely to experience more severe symptoms if they are exposed.

    According to the World Health Organization (WHO), indoor moisture and mold are responsible for a significant share of the world’s 300 million cases of pediatric asthma.

    People who live in wet and moldy environments are more likely to develop depression, which can lead to respiratory difficulties and asthma.

    “Black mold” (Stachybotrys chartarum) is the most well-known type of mold, which may develop on water-damaged building materials and generate poisonous spores. It was related to a serious respiratory condition in 1994 after 10 children developed idiopathic pulmonary hemosiderosis (lung bleeding) and one died.

    Despite widespread public concern and media attention, no causal link was ever proved.

    If you have mold problems and you need a mold removal company to inspect and remediate mold, call CPR24 Restoration at (416) 551-8287.