Nowadays carpets are not only part of the houses but are also in your workplace or your apartment. We use different carpets, some are very expensive to buy or even in relatively small lengths, but it’s essential to take care of them as best as you can in order for them to maintain its quality and appearance for years to come.
If water penetrates the carpet, it can cause significant damage. As a result, we have to take immediate action to prevent mold growth and other health problems. Another fact is that water damage restoration costs can’t be compared to the cost of a complete replacement, they’re cheaper which is why it’s important to act fast to prevent permanent damage.
CPR24 Restoration Team is specialized in carpet repairs for damaged fitted carpets. Whatever the problem – tufted, woven, needles or fibers, be sure that we can choose all kinds of damage to fitted carpets and more. We give you some of the most common ways that damage can occur to carpets in everyday situations, and the best approaches to get your carpets fixed so they can look their very best once more.
The damage that can occur to carpets in everyday situations:
1. Dangerous Water
During a water damage, it is essential to define where the leak has come from and the danger that can cause. Companies like CPR24 Restoration, that have long experience in water damage restoration use three water categories to classify the level of contamination.
- The first category is where the water originates from a source like a burst pipe or a leak in the sink. Water damages from this category aren’t a health hazard, as the water is generally clean.
- The second category is the category with greywater that can probably cause illness, and it usually comes from a leaking washing machine or dishwasher. In these cases, water damage restoration companies can fix the damage faster and easily.
- The third category and the most dangerous for wet carpets contamination is ‘blackwater’ and contains bacteria that can pose a serious health threat to humans and pets. These carpets should be replaced as soon as you can to avoid health issues.
2. Long-Term Damage
If you try to fix the wet carpet by using towels, this is wrong and can cause long-term damage. You know well that wet carpet may cause harm to skirt boards, doors, walls, and furniture in the house. That’s why it’s so important to contact us as a water damage restoration company in Toronto and not only as soon as you become aware of the damage. The costs can be significantly reduced when professional assistance is sought out as soon as you can. CPR24 Restoration Team is highly-qualified and experienced on carpet cleanings and water damage restoration.
3. The Stains
Stains from food or drinks are the most common carpets stains with varying levels of intensity and persistence. A simple method to remove stains from carpets is with conventional cleaning solutions, but it is not always an effective method. The intense and persistent stains need professional help from a company that specializes in carpet cleaning.
4. Damage Caused by Pets
Having a pet in the house it’s not always fun. Their claws get caught in the carpet fibers, so there’s the possibility that they can tear your carpet while trying to break free. They also can leave different stains on the carpet like hair or mucus.
5. Damage from Burns
In general, carpet damages from burns are a result of a lit cigarette that has dropped to the ground. But of course, have several forms of damages.
Ways to repair and prevent damage:
1. If you have a pet in the home read those steps to prevent your carpets damage:
- We recommend to cut away loose carpet threads that your pet could get their claws snagged on. In this way, you minimize the likelihood of more severe carpet damage.
- Another step is to replace missing fibers on your carpet. You can take some fibers from hidden parts of the carpet and put them to the work area.
- The last step is by applying a hot-melt carpet tape along the seam so that the two halves are under each side of the carpet, you’ll get an effective seal that protects your carpet.
2. Repair carpet damages from burn
Are different ways that help us to fix burns in carpets, no matter the type of carpet or the size. But repairing small burns it’s quite simple.
- The primary thing to do is to cut away every burnt fiber. It’s recommended to use a sharp pair of scissors.
- The second step is to replace the burnt fibers with some clean fibers that you can take from hidden parts of the carpet.
3. Larger Burns
- A large carpet burn needs professional help because it is not easy to deal with. So you have to call an expert to help you.
Cleaning the carpets it’s not as simple as you might think. Finding a professional for your carpet cleaning it’s harder too. But here are some tips on when and how to clean your carpet.
Directly after spills
If happen a spill on the carpet, clean it as soon as possible. You can use towels or paper towels to dry the carpet. After that rub, it with care to prevent the stain spread.
Clean the area
After you blot the stain, use white vinegar mixtures or use baking soda to clean the area where it has been the spill. But remember that it works for small stains.
If you have allergies
If you feeling strange and have allergies, hire a professional team to clean your carpets. They can be with mold or bacterias.
If you see that it looks dirty
If you see that your carpet looks dirty or darker than it should be, it’s time for cleaning. Remember also that you have to take carpets professionally deep cleaned at least once a year. This helps them for long life and to refresh your room.
Some things to consider:
You have to know that are some cases that can be solved even with professional help.
- If your carpet has stains like tea, wine, blood, etc.
- It is older than 5 years.
- If it is haggard
- Even if it is washed it has a strange smell
Stain Removal – We as professionals will help you to remove stains that are big and are very difficult to remove by yourself.
Carpet Cleaning – We use hot water extraction treatment on your carpets. With this method include: shampooing and a steam cleaning so your
carpets will be cleaned easily and will be very refreshed.